Social Wellness is having positive connections with friends, family, teachers, coaches, supervisors, and anyone else. Human's are social creatures by nature, this is why Social Wellness matters. Human interaction has become increasingly easier to shy away from because we are able to do most daily tasks through technology. However studies have shown that when you're not social this can actually affect not only your mental health but also your physical health.
What is Social Wellness Month?
July is the official Social Wellness Month and it is an entire month dedicated to being thoughtful of these relationships we have with the people who are closest to us and also having self-love, all while living well to help improve your health.
If you're looking for ways to improve your social well being according to the National Institute of Health Social Wellness compromises of the following:1. Make good connections, look for ways you can meet friends, family and even new people. Scientists are finding the relation between a healthy social life and life longevity and well-being to be strongly linked.
2. Take care of yourself while caring for others, at some point in your life you might find yourself providing care for another person, everyone's circumstances are very different but we must remember that even though we are caring for someone else it so important to give yourself some TLC.
SHOP RELAX & ENJOY CARD (£2.00) >>
3. Take up a hobby or extracurricular activity, finding and making time for a hobby you enjoy whether it be painting, a dance class, swimming can reduce stress levels, a club is also a great place to find people who have the same interests.
SHOP WINTER SWIM CARD (£2.00) >>
4. Bond with your children (if you have children) making time to talk to your children is so important for your relationship. When a strong bond is formed they will become more open to you and feel like they can talk to you for advice and research has shown that children with a strong bond with their parents are shown to have more confidence in the outside world and cope better with life's challenges.
5. Build healthy relationships; surround yourself with good people who can offer support, good advice and fun in your life! Social wellness involves building healthy, nurturing, and supportive relationships as well as fostering a genuine connection with those around you. Connect with an old (or new) friend, if they live far away send a card with a handwritten message, it feels more personal and thoughtful than sending a Whatsapp message.
SHOP ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOW UP CELEBRATION CARD (£2.00) >>
6. Shape your families health habits through diet and exercise. The people we live with, whether that be family with children or housemates can influence the way you live. By being conscious of you diet and how active you are and by making positive changes, it can have a great impact to you and others around you. Particularly children, with your help, they can learn to develop healthy habits and personality traits that will last throughout their lives.
SHOP EAT SLEEP TRAIN REPEAT CARD (£2.00) >>
We hope you found this blog useful, If you have any other social wellness recommendations please add them to the comment section below.