📍 Operations Manager - Redruth Head Office
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the team at Whistlefish. This is a hands-on role and as the manager you will be required to get stuck in with the daily tasks whilst still walking the floor, leading by example, positively reinforcing good behaviours and motivating the team to achieve the standard required. This is a key position for us that will sit within the management team of the business
You will ideally have previous experience with the fulfilment of ecommerce & retail shop orders in a warehouse, and stock replenishment. You will be flexible and reliable and enjoy working as part of a busy team. Strong organisation skills are essential, with the ability to organise your time and resources effectively.
What we expect from you
- Ensure that all 24 hr, 48 hr and Courier deliveries have a turnaround applicable to the delivery instructions.
- Ensure all picked parcels are despatched within set timeframes as required by the company.
- Trouble-shoot packing issues for the team.
- Liaise with CS with any order of concern.
- Ensure the correct mailing procedures are implemented.
- Responsible for wholesale and shop despatches.
- Periodically QC packing quality to ensure they are packed appropriately.
- To supervise and motivate a team, ensuring that all teams work to their maximum efficiency within set targets.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all employees under your supervision through adherence of all health and safety guidelines.
- Recruitment and subsequent training of new staff
- Plan and implement shift rotas to ensure that the dispatch requirements are met as the order volume rises and falls.
- Train all operatives as new packing or technological updates are introduced.
- Maintain a cohesive team environment by ensuring communication flows between all departments and employees are aware of any procedural or company changes.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping is maintained throughout all areas of the warehouse and packing room.
- Ensure the stock bins and pick faces are accurately maintained as stock is moved around the warehouse
What we look for in you
- Proven people-management skills (able to motivate teams and individuals)
- IT literacy – Microsoft Navision and MS Office are preferred
- Intermediate numeracy skills are essential
- Ownership of role and department
- Commercial awareness of an Multi-Channel retail environment is essential
- Problem-Solving and a Can-Do attitude is essential.
- Flexibility in working patterns
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
📍JOIN OUR GALLERY STAFF TALENTPOOL
We have 13 gallery locations across Devon and Cornwall and being a seasonal business, we are always on the hunt for seeking enthusiastic and driven individuals to offer exceptional service to our customers.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Whistlefish Gallery family, complete the below application form and we will add you to the list of potential applicants when a new position becomes available.
The Gallery Assistant will have responsibility for the day to day basic running of the store and ensuring exceptional customer service at all times.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that customers have an enjoyable shopping experience by greeting, advising, supporting and serving customers that come into the gallery or contact you by telephone.
- Answer any queries they may have which may include stock availability, details of special offers, pricing, promotions, company policies and other information as required.
- Upsell where possible offering our special or promotional items
- Serving customers at the tills and handling customer’s transactions including cash, card and gift cards
- Support the Company to increase its online reach by offering our newsletters and / or frequent competitions by taking e-mail information
- Keep the shop floor, shelving and stock clean and tidy constantly.
- Restock items ensuring they are attractively displayed as per company policy
- Receive deliveries from our in-house delivery drivers, check off as correct and deal with any errors. This may involve contacting Head Office by telephone
- Professionally and accurately advise on and deal with any mail order items as per company policy
- Work according to the company Health & Safety requirements and, deal with any Health & Safety concerns swiftly taking advice as necessary
- Work professionally and communicate with colleagues, managers and Head Office at all times to ensure information is received and passed effectively
- As assigned by the Galleries Supervisor