📍 GALLERY SUPERVISOR - PLYMOUTH & DARTMOUTH
The aim of the Gallery Manager is to assist the Galleries Area Manager in maximising profits whilst minimising costs and overall responsibility for the day to day running of allocated galleries. This includes gallery stock maintenance, working environment (interior and exterior), Health & Safety and people management. Effective running of galleries will necessitate weekend and evening work.
Main Role & Responsibilities to include:
- Manage all aspects of running a gallery ensuring safety, security, stock, cash management (if applicable) and staffing.
- Performance management in line with company policy and procedures including recruiting potential staff, conducting PDRs (performance development reviews), as well as providing or organising training and development.
- Ensure that all Gallery Assistants offer exceptional customer service at all times.
- Ensuring the galleries are clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that all aspects of Health & Safety are attended to daily to ensure a safe working environment and one in which our customers and staff remain confident.
- Manage cash and card transaction administration including banking as required.
- Manage stock levels and make decisions about stock control in collaboration with the Area Galleries Manager.
- Undertake gallery assistant roles and escalated customer queries.
- Provide support for the Galleries Manager Team.
- Ensure promotions are run accurately and to the company’s standards.
- Communicate and manage targets and activities for the teams; manage and motivate teams to achieve increased sales and efficiency.
- Identify and plan for local events and community activities that may support or adversely affect sales; communicate in advance with the Area Galleries Manager.
- Communicate effectively with Line Manager and Head Office as necessary to support knowledge, stock control or customer service considerations.
- Timely and appropriate responding to customer complaints and comments.
- Oversee presentation of windows, displays and merchandising in-line with company guidelines.
- Update staff on relevant business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
- Initiate changes to improve the business in collaboration with the Area Galleries Manager e.g. revise opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
- As assigned by the Area Galleries Manager
📍 PACKING ROOM SUPERVISOR - REDRUTH
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Packing Room Supervisor to join the team at Whistlefish. This is a full time position offering 35 or 40 contracted hours per week which will be agreed at the interview stage (hours to be worked over 5 days, may involve weekends and bank holidays
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a hands-on role and as a supervisor you will be required to walk the floor, lead by example and positively reinforce good behaviours and motivate the team to achieve the standard required.
You will ideally have previous experience with the picking & packing of orders and stock replenishment but training will be given. You will be flexible and reliable and enjoy working as part of a busy team. Strong organisation skills are essential, with the ability to organise your time and resources effectively. Some heavy lifting will be involved.
The successful applicant will have effective communication skills, be responsible for managing staff members, carry out shift handover meetings and be proactive in planning work schedules. They will be target driven and work productively within a incentivised contract.
What we expect from you
- Ensure that all 24 hr, 48 hr and Courier deliveries have a turnaround applicable to the delivery instructions.
- Ensure all picked parcels are despatched within set timeframes as required by the company.
- Trouble-shoot packing issues for the team.
- Liaise with CS with any order of concern.
- Ensure the correct mailing procedures are implemented.
- Ensure packing is rotational i.e. packed in date order or whatever demand we require at the time.
- Responsible for wholesale and shop despatches.
- Periodically QC packing quality to ensure they are packed appropriately.
- Post – ensure parcels are weighed correctly prior to leaving the premises.
- Mail – ensure all postal systems are used correctly.
- To supervise and motivate a team, ensuring that all teams work to their maximum efficiency within set targets.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all employees under your supervision through adherence of all health and safety guidelines.
- Train all operatives as new packing or technological updates are introduced.
- Maintain a cohesive team environment by ensuring communication flows between all departments and employees are aware of any procedural or company changes.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping is maintained throughout all areas of the warehouse.
- Ensure resource is managed correctly throughout the department.
- To have an overall understanding and the ability to supervise all roles and responsibilities within the packing room is essential to this role.
What we look for in you
- Proven people-management skills (able to motivate teams and individuals)
- IT literacy – Microsoft Navision and MS Office are preferred
- Intermediate numeracy skills are essential
- Ownership of role and department
- Commercial awareness of an Omni-Channel retail environment is essential
- Problem-Solving and a Can-Do attitude is essential.
- Flexibility in working patterns
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
📍 PICK/PACK ASSISTANT - REDRUTH - PART TIME
We now have an opportunity to join our Head Office team as a part-time pick/pack assistant. The ideal candidates would have some picking and packing experience, be comfortable with physical work, be a team player and be confident at using I.T. systems.
Working Time restrictions: Owing to Working Time Regulations we are unable to offer positions to people below the age of 18 in these roles.
The role involves:
- Picking and packing product orders for dispatch
- Replenishing stock lines in the warehouse.
- Communicating information regarding Damages/returns and stock rotation to Management so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Maintaining accurate paperwork to drive stock accuracy.
- To work as part of a team, support colleagues and be collaborative in working practices
- Carry out 100% checks on all picked orders
- Carry out any ad hoc duties as requested by the operations manager.
You’ll be part of a business that always delivers a great service – and that means you’ll need to share our very high standards. Qualifications aren’t important, as we can provide all the training you need. But you will need to be a reliable, quality focussed individual who can work to the highest standards at all times.
📍 TRADE SALES EXECUTIVE - REDRUTH
As a Trade Sales Executive, you will be responsible for driving nationwide growth of the trade side of our business. Working at our Head Office, you will be devising and implementing your own sales plans, you will have the full support of the business in delivering new business whilst cultivating the existing customer accounts. We are looking for somebody who can bring experience, energy, commitment, vision, determination, insight and fresh thinking.
- Results driven
- Confident and approachable with excellent communication skills
- Enjoy developing and nurturing business relationships
- Thrive working independently
- Have the drive, passion and enthusiasm to build your networks
- Are looking for a role that rewards dedication
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive as required
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Sales experience within a trade environment
- Be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding telephone sales & persuasion techniques
- Able to work well both independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- A keen interest in art and greeting cards would be an advantage
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive sales within the trade sector to deliver the monthly and annual targets & KPIs.
- Hunt down and discover new business opportunities
- Go beyond the chase to cultivate prospects into paying clients
- Expand relationships with current customers
- Identifies and implements improvements to Trade sales procedures
- Deal with all online trade accounts including activation, declination and maintenance
- Set up, gather information, communicate with and support new trade applications
- Liaising with customers delivering a friendly and efficient service, taking orders and arranging deliveries, communicating about order updates, additions or drops to the collection.
- Use and maintain a company database / retail software system
- Work with the eCommerce & Marketing manager to maximise the potential of the Trade website and develop the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns,
You will be remunerated with a competitive package with a motivational and achievable commission structure. If you are a driven and experienced sales focused professional looking for a role where they can really make a difference, apply now and join a growing company within the creative retail industry.
📍 GALLERY ASSISTANT - PLYMOUTH BARBICAN
The Gallery Assistant will have responsibility for the day to day basic running of the store and ensure exceptional customer service at all times.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that customers have an enjoyable shopping experience by greeting, advising, supporting and serving customers that come into the gallery or contact you by telephone.
- Answer any queries they may have which may include stock availability, details of special offers, pricing, promotions, company policies and other information as required.
- Upsell where possible offering our special or promotional items
- Serving customers at the tills and handling customer’s transactions including cash, card and gift cards
- Support the Company to increase its online reach by offering our newsletters and/or frequent competitions by taking e-mail information
- Keep the shop floor, shelving and stock clean and tidy constantly.
- Restock items ensuring they are attractively displayed as per company policy
- Receive deliveries from our in-house delivery drivers, check off as correct and deal with any errors. This may involve contacting Head Office by telephone
- Professionally and accurately advise on and deal with any mail order items as per company policy
- Work according to the company Health & Safety requirements and, deal with any Health & Safety concerns swiftly taking advice as necessary
- Work professionally and communicate with colleagues, managers and Head Office at all times to ensure information is received and passed effectively
- As assigned by the Gallery Supervisor