We have 14 gallery locations across Devon and Cornwall as well as a busy Head Office and framing factory, we are always on the hunt for seeking enthusiastic and driven individuals to offer exceptional service to our customers.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Whistlefish family, browse the available roles below and please do fill in the relevant application form if you see a role that you feel could be for you!
📍 Gallery Supervisor - Salcombe
The Gallery Supervisor will have responsibility for the day to day basic running of our Gallery located in Salcombe and ensuring exceptional customer service at all times. Whilst this is a supervisory role, you are still expected to rota yourself into the shift pattern and work autonomously wherever possible when covering shifts.
Main Role & Responsibilities to include:
- Overall responsibility for the running of the retail outlets
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards
- Manage, recruit and motivate sales staff, including managing the staff rota
- Keeping within the aims and objectives of Milkwood Publishing Ltd
- Seeking opportunities to drive sales
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure that all staff deliver the same
- Respond effectively to customer comments and complaints
- Receive deliveries from our in-house delivery drivers, check off as correct and deal with any errors. This may involve contacting Head Office by telephone
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and damages
- Ensure employee awareness of health & safety and emergency procedures
- Liaise with Head Office on staffing matters including recruitment and timely submission of staff timesheets
- Ensure the interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards
- Management of all store operational issues including store administration, price changes, display
- Answer any queries they may have which may include stock availability, details of special offers, pricing, promotions, company policies and other information as required.
- Serving customers at the tills and handling customer’s transactions including card and gift cards
- Support the Company to increase its online reach by offering our newsletters and / or frequent competitions by taking e-mail information
- Keep the shop floor, shelving and stock clean and tidy constantly.
- Restock items ensuring they are attractively displayed as per company policy
- Professionally and accurately advise on and deal with any mail order items as per company policy
- Work according to the company Health & Safety requirements and, deal with any Health & Safety concerns swiftly taking advice as necessary
- Work professionally and communicate with colleagues, managers and Head Office at all times to ensure information is received and passed effectively
Position: Full Time/Part Time
Salary: £12 per hour
Direct report: Area Retail Manager
📍 Gallery Team Member - Salcombe
Here at Whistlefish we are constantly striving to enhance, fulfil and excite our customers when visiting one of our vibrant galleries across Devon and Cornwall. As one of our Team Members you are the face of our business and our ethos.
As a Whistlefish team in head office, remote and gallery based we are all striving to ensure the highest quality products with the highest quality customer experience (and of course being environmentally friendly always!).
As well as exceptional customer service, here are a few other daily tasks as one of our Team Members:
- Ensuring clean, tidy and organised presentation of shop floor and products
- Accurate stock control
- Handling customer transactions
- Promote special offers and online business
- Up-skill yourself with product knowledge, artist information and the brand
- Handle, organise and breakdown deliveries in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicating regularly with your supervisor, the head office team and other gallery team members
Position: Part time
Salary: £11 per hour
Direct report: Gallery Supervisor
As a Team Member you will be based in one of our Galleries that matches your preference/location, however due to operational needs you may be required to carry out shifts or training in one of our different gallery locations