Whistlefish are animal lovers and always look to support animal charities where we can. Over the years we have helped support animal charities such as Battersea Dogs & Cats Home through the sales of a Whistlefish Christmas card collection that featured man’s best friend.
This year Whistlefish’s chosen charities to support through Christmas Card sales in 2022 will go to The Prince’s Trust and the Clydesdale Horse Society.
Whistlefish have also donated thousands of Christmas cards to local charities Prickles and Paws Hedgehog Rescue and Cornwall Wildlife Trust, to help with their fundraising efforts where the charities will keep 100% of the profits.
When you purchase any Christmas card from Whistlefish a percentage of this sale goes towards our chosen charities therefore all Whistlefish Christmas cards we sell are charity Christmas cards. We hope to raise approximately £10,000 from the sales from our Christmas Cards this year to donate to The Prince’s Trust and The Clydesdale Horse Society. To find out more about Whistlefish's chosen charities click here.
SHOP CHRISTMAS CANINE COMPANIONS CHRISTMAS CARD (£1.00) >
10 QUICK FACTS ABOUT BATTERSEA DOGS & CATS HOME
- .Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- In 2015 the Home cared for over 8000 dogs and cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 260 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- There is no time limit on how long an animal can stay at the charity but the average stay for a dog is 30 days and 22 days for a cat.
- In 2015 27% of dogs and 30% of cats arrived as strays.
- A team of over 1200 volunteers help at Battersea’s three centres, in roles including dog and cat socialising, gardening, admin support and giving talks in the community.
- In addition to the site in South West London, the Home also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home rehomes dogs and cats all over the UK.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats.
- Most dog brought to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home are homed within a month the average stay for a dog is 35 days!
Bless you all for what you do our tuxi millie was a rescue kitten when she joined our family, she is very much loved and thanks you for what you do as do the rest of the Garwood family.